News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Updating version on backup drive

Started by dserdu, April 03, 2009, 10:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dserdu

Started with CH070511 on both Main and Backup drives.  Installed CH081212 as an update on the Main drive.  Works fine after USB drivers reinstalled.  But...

How does one perform a similar update on the backup drive short of booting the backup drive and reperforming the update?  I tried Warrior backup and restore as well as simply dragging and dropping the entire Warrior folder from Main to Backup (while booted on Main).  In each case when subsequently attempting to run Warrior off the backup drive received the message "Fatal: Bad installation... module version error (384, not 416)" followed by a Control32.exe Application Error message.  I thought I saw this on the Main drive once when the USB drivers were not installed, but manually running the USB driver exe's on the backup drive did not help.  Thanks...

nvv

You have to boot the computer into the backup drive and upgrade Warrior Software CH081212.
Press the Delete (Del) key on the keyboard while the computer is booting up, this will get you into the BIOS. Select the option BOOT, then change the boot up sequence of the hard drive to the backup disk as the first disk boot device.

Good Luck,

Admin