News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

cystd communication error

Started by tschmidt, November 20, 2008, 09:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tschmidt

Some of our laptops are losing communication with the SDSTIP (get an error message that communication with the CYSTD has been lost).  Close the Acquisition and start again, and it will work for a while and then quit again.  Any ideas out there?

coreyb

I have experienced similar issues in the past. I was able to relieve this issue by disabling any automatic virus scans. Some of these virus scans can be very invasive and will often scan communication ports causing cystd errors. I would suggest doing these scans manually. 
                                                          _corey

Jerry

Also check the connections and usb cables to the laptops. These tend to get abused over time.

adamg

Quote from: Jerry on December 05, 2008, 11:54:52 AM
Also check the connections and usb cables to the laptops. These tend to get abused over time.

I would try and isolate whether it is the computer or panel causing the problem also. If it is one panel with X number of laptops then I'd suggest cleaning and re-seating the cards in the panel and a new USB cable (also remember you can connect to front or rear of the panel).

If it is one laptop and C number of panels then check for latest versions of drivers for the USB hub (Device Manager, check for updates on the individual USB hubs listed, will need an internet connection), but I'd be more suspect that the abuse over time is a more likely cause and that the ports/hub hardware are becoming problematical.

Please use good quality USB cables.