News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

sample rate

Started by tschmidt, November 13, 2008, 08:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tschmidt

Where can a guy find out the sample rate for each service?

Jerry

In the Service, the devices are declared with the maximum sample rate for that device (Device1=Base,20). If the sensors are listed without a sample rate, they will use the maximum sample rate. However, the sensors can be set to a slower sample rate by adding that rate to the sensor declaration (LTEN=BASE,LTEN,4). This saves some database size for sensors that do not require that maximum sample rate. See page 151 of the Warrior Field operations Manual.

yangguotianl

hello, jerry,what's the unit for this kind of sampling rate in Device and Sensor?

Jerry

In each service all of the devices are set to number of samples per foot. For example Device1=Base,20 sets the Base device to 20 samples per foot as the default for all sensors from that device.

yangguotianl

Is this still in imperial if I set my warrior system as metric unit?

I also have question about the show units if I record on time:
I record date on time, interactive plot showd data on depth, now 1m is 1s.
When I plot the same data in imperial, 1ft=?seconds ? ???

Thank you.

Jerry

The system keeps track of every thing in feet. Only plots are shown in metric. Seconds are seconds whether you have selected depth as feet or meters.