News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Trying to get the SDS Tool Interface Panel to work with Sondex DIU

Started by martinfoss, November 08, 2010, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinfoss

G'Day,

I've got two systems on two different units.
One is a full Sondex Warrior Systems using a DIU (Depth / Tension Interface Unit)
The other is a latest and greatest Warrior system.

We've got a SBT I'd that runs like a gem on the Full Warrior system.  I wanted to used it on the other unit (Sondex)
I've places the Tool Interface and Power Supply unit in the Sondex rack.  Using the Full Warrior software I can run the tool, but it won't recognize the DIU.

What do I need to do to have the software (full Warrior) recognize the Sondex DIU?

I tried to change the services, tools and even a bit on the warrior ini files to 'see' the DIU.  I even copied any files NOT in the Config and Bin32 from Sondex Warrior to the Warrior files.  I've also installed all the drivers for the DIU on the system.

When I unplug the DIU from the computer, I get a CYAUX isn't communicating, so I know it's seeing the DIU. 

I'm sure this is a go'er because they're both Warrior. 

I'd appreciate a some assistance please.  All I want is depth & tension from the DIU and let the Warrior Tool Interface do the rest.

Thank you for you consideration and response on this matter.

Regards,

Martin Foss

Jerry

Martin - I am guessing that the drivers for the diu were not installed. Go to the windows device manager and see if you have unknown devices or devices without drivers installed.
You might have a problem with the way that your service file is set up. Can you send me your services.ini file so I can look at it?

The Forum is for discussions. If you need help with things, you would be better off going to the support tab and selecting who might provide the support that you need.

Quote from: martinfoss on November 08, 2010, 06:33:46 AM
G'Day,

I've got two systems on two different units.
One is a full Sondex Warrior Systems using a DIU (Depth / Tension Interface Unit)
The other is a latest and greatest Warrior system.

We've got a SBT I'd that runs like a gem on the Full Warrior system.  I wanted to used it on the other unit (Sondex)
I've places the Tool Interface and Power Supply unit in the Sondex rack.  Using the Full Warrior software I can run the tool, but it won't recognize the DIU.

What do I need to do to have the software (full Warrior) recognize the Sondex DIU?

I tried to change the services, tools and even a bit on the warrior ini files to 'see' the DIU.  I even copied any files NOT in the Config and Bin32 from Sondex Warrior to the Warrior files.  I've also installed all the drivers for the DIU on the system.

When I unplug the DIU from the computer, I get a CYAUX isn't communicating, so I know it's seeing the DIU. 

I'm sure this is a go'er because they're both Warrior. 

I'd appreciate a some assistance please.  All I want is depth & tension from the DIU and let the Warrior Tool Interface do the rest.

Thank you for you consideration and response on this matter.

Regards,

Martin Foss