News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

How to make a format that open the merge file?

Started by sahadat, April 13, 2010, 12:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sahadat

i want to open a merge file with one format? means when ever i merge multiple passes and then to view merge pass i have to edit the format again and again.( i.e i have to add all curves one by one to format then it shows the merge pass) this takes alot of time to merge files. is there an easy way to view a merge pass ? without adding the curves one by one to format.
can we make format with which i can open merge passes?mean i merge passes and then select that previously made format and it opens the merge pass in interactive plot.
or is there any other process available to save time when merge multiple passes? please mention.

Regards

Sahadat Abbasi

Jerry

When you do a merge, In the output definition window, there is a browse button for default presentation. You can select any presentation that you want there.

With a pass on the interactive plot screen, you can click on Options and use the Browse button for the presentation file that you already have saved.

fp

In the Multiple Pass Automerge utility, if you select 'No subscript' in the 'Subscript with:' popup menu, it will use the original curve mnemonics. 

So, as long as the curves you are merging don't have the same names, you can make a default Log Format that you don't need to manually add the curves into after each merge.

hope this helps.

Jerry

You can create any format that you want and save it with the format editor. Then when you merge files, From the output definition page, you can select that format to be used.