News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Warrior Process

Started by yangguotianl, October 28, 2009, 09:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yangguotianl

What's the hidden process when warrior is crashed?
I've killed logsys32.exe.
but the real time acquisition is already running still pops out when I try to load acquisition.

Of course, I should reboot my computer, but this happened quite often these days, reboot means a very long time.

adamg

If you have a crash that has not let logsys32.exe close down correctly then you need to reboot your computer, and repower the Warrior panel.

What version of software (which release) are you using? Have you tried updating to the most recent release?

Can we help you look for the reason you are having a crashes?

yangguotianl

Hello, Adamg:
I used to run version 71220, it is quiet stable.
Sometimes warrior crashed, I could kill the process, logsys32.exe and depth32.exe, load recalculation then I close all.
After this procedure, I could load acquisition without reboot.

Now I update to Version 090618, most of time I just play with the database or tool/service  without panel, like the LAS file I created and try to import to DB.
As usual, warrior crashed, then I have to reboot to load acquisition, but other module like recalculation,utilities , interactive plot are okay.

adamg

Quote from: yangguotianl on October 29, 2009, 09:04:20 AM
Hello, Adamg:
I used to run version 71220, it is quiet stable.
Sometimes warrior crashed, I could kill the process, logsys32.exe and depth32.exe, load recalculation then I close all.
After this procedure, I could load acquisition without reboot.

Now I update to Version 090618, most of time I just play with the database or tool/service  without panel, like the LAS file I created and try to import to DB.
As usual, warrior crashed, then I have to reboot to load acquisition, but other module like recalculation,utilities , interactive plot are okay.
With the latest version there are event log files (.ELG) in the warrior\data directory. They are automatically created on a new day/new boot or continue updating a new one if you rollover to more days without a reboot.
Maybe you could send us an ELG file from one of the days that you had a crash and we can take a look at it. It would be good if you could reproduce the crash and send us the ELG file from that moment.

yangguotianl

I can't find any *.elg file in warrior folder.

adamg

It sounds to me that the 090618 release did not install correctly then. In the Warrior\Manual folder check the release notes, you should see "Advanced Event Logging" there.
In Warrior\Bin32 you should see EvViewer.exe (to look at the .ELG files).
In Warrior\Data you should see many .ELG files that are the actual event, they have a date format, eg: 2009_10_29.ELG

If you aren't able to verify all of those, reinstall 090618 as an upgrade as not to change your config information and try again.

Also, what operating system are you running?

Correction made above. .ELG files in Warrior\Data !!