News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Warrior Tool Drawings

Started by jdestrampe1, April 03, 2013, 11:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdestrampe1

What is the best way to go about creating and importing warrior tool drawings? I would like to create some myself, but there is little info about how to actually go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joseph C. Destrampe
Western Wireline, Inc.
Ventura, CA
jdestrampe@westernwireline.com

kmilch

The FOM has a good description of how to work with tool diagrams.  Diagrams can be created with any graphics package but must be saved as a Windows Metafile.  Once you have your image created, copy it to the clipboard and use MFGrab from the Warrior\bin folder to capture and save as with the Warrior Tool Diagram extension (*.wtd) in your Warrior\Format folder.

jdestrampe1

jdestrampe1

One more question...

I have successfully created and captured a drawing and converted it to a .wtd file.

It works in the Tool String Editor, and It looks great. One problem though, the shading and detail work I did when I created the drawing did not carry over to the .wtd. When I use the drawing in the Tool String editor, it is just a simple line drawing.

Just curious if there was something I can do to get the shading and details to carry over to warrior.

Thanks again!

jdestrampe1

Figured it out.

It appears that Warrior cannot handle gradient fills in the Tool Editor.

I changed the drawing to solid fills and it worked like a champ.

Sweet.