News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Can't use Win7 with half of our panels - Unrecognized USB Device

Started by CPlus, November 06, 2012, 05:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPlus

Windows 7, clean install.  I install the latest warrior, connect Warrior panel, power on panel, and the drivers load fine.  Upon the next power cycle of the warrior panel (moments later) a message pops from the system tray "Unrecognized USB Device."  Looking in Device Manager, I can see the panel devices loaded except LOGFX-DSP is now missing and I have an "Unknown Device" with a warning icon.  This happens on about half of our panels currently.  They seem to work fine with Windows XP but obviously we are moving away from that ancient OS. So what could be going on? If you'd like any other details of my hardware and software I'll happily provide them.

Thanks

nvv

Quote from: CPlus on November 06, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
Windows 7, clean install.  I install the latest warrior, connect Warrior panel, power on panel, and the drivers load fine.  Upon the next power cycle of the warrior panel (moments later) a message pops from the system tray "Unrecognized USB Device."  Looking in Device Manager, I can see the panel devices loaded except LOGFX-DSP is now missing and I have an "Unknown Device" with a warning icon.  This happens on about half of our panels currently.  They seem to work fine with Windows XP but obviously we are moving away from that ancient OS. So what could be going on? If you'd like any other details of my hardware and software I'll happily provide them.

Thanks

Did you connect the USB cable from the computer to the BACK or the FRONT USB port of the panel?
Did the computer has any USB3 port built-in?
Can you list the hardware specs and the Warrior Software version on the computer that did not load the driver for LOGFX-DSP board? 

CPlus

Thank you for the reply.

1. Cable cable is connected to the rear port.  (Also, I'm setting one up right now to test the front port.)

2. No

3. Intel 2.0 GHz dual core with 4GB RAM and Intel 330 SSD (National Instruments PXI-8106.) 
Warrior versions 120430 and 121009 both display this behavior.

Here are the serial # of two of the panels that I'm having this problem with.  Other problem panels are out of town currently.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10270651/IMG_20121107_090244.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10270651/IMG_20121107_090636.jpg

nvv

Send us the panels and the computers that you have problems with LOGFX-DSP

CPlus

LOL!  These computers and panels have to remain in service.  They are not spares.

CPlus

How about we arrange a day and I set one up in the lab and give you remote access?

nvv

Quote from: CPlus on November 07, 2012, 12:47:19 PM
How about we arrange a day and I set one up in the lab and give you remote access?

Sure, We use Teamviewer version 6 to connect to client's computer remotely.
Have Teamviewer 6 installed on the computer that has problems, then contact me offline.

CPlus

Teamviewer 6, very well.  I've scheduled one of the trucks down for tomorrow.

Can you confirm that the first link, TeamViewer v6.0.15803 [multilanguage], on the following page is acceptable?

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/dyngate.aspx#version6

nvv

Quote from: CPlus on November 07, 2012, 03:49:49 PM
Teamviewer 6, very well.  I've scheduled one of the trucks down for tomorrow.

Can you confirm that the first link, TeamViewer v6.0.15803 [multilanguage], on the following page is acceptable?

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/dyngate.aspx#version6
Yes, that is the correct version of Teamviewer we use. After installed Teamviewer on your computer, Email me the login info. tomorrow.

CPlus

Looking for your email address, I am unable to view your profile.  I've set the computer up and PM'd you the login credentials and my cell phone number. The computer is now offline until I hear from you.