News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Warrior conflicting with anti-virus software?

Started by wireline, January 17, 2012, 08:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wireline

I recently purchased some anti-virus software, specifically Norton Internet Security 2012, for our offices. I was about to install them on computers with warrior before I was told by one of our engineers that he had a problem in a previous company where the anti-virus program crashed the computer in the middle of a job because it was conflicting with warrior. I was wondering if Warrior is known to have any issues with anti-virus software, and, if so, are there any that would not cause a serious problem like the one I just described?

fp

I have had experience with three or four different AV software. I like Norton the least. It's generally too much 'in-your-face' about everything.

Other than Norton, I've used TrendMicro OfficeScan with decent results, no problems with Warrior that I remember. Changed to Microsoft ForeFront, which I like even more. Never had problems with Warrior.
Currently, I'm using the Microsoft SecurityEssentials package, which is freely available on Microsoft's website, and have so far not had any issues. It should be more than enough protection for a production logging environment.

Jerry

We have had problems with anti-virus software using all of the CPU time and not allowing warrior software to poll the hardware. Norton seemed to be one of the worst ones.
MicroSoft security essentials is fairly good and free.