News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

"Access Denied" when printing from Printrex printer via Interface Panel

Started by martinfoss, November 05, 2010, 10:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinfoss

G'Day,

I just got a new beut' Warrior system.  We've upgraded the computer to Win7 Ultimate software.

I have a Printrex 843 printer connected directly to the main Warrior Interface Panel. 
I can print with Windows XP to this printer via the Warrior Interface Panel.

I get an 'Access is Denied' from Win7 when I try to print a log from Warrior.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to set up the permissions, so this I can print directly from Warrior?

I've seen this same problem addressed on the WWW, but nothing specifically to Warrior.

Thank-you for your consideration and response on this matter.

Regards,

Martin Foss

nvv

This seem to be a random problems with Windows 7 security. The logged in user has an administrator privilege, but he does not have full access to certain folder or directory on C: drive root. Sometimes users can not add keycode in the control panel, because he did not have full access to Warrior Folder.
Follow the instruction below to add the "C:\Warrior" folder to allow the logged in user full access.

1. Open Windows Explorer, expand C: drive, navigate to Warrior, and Right-Click on Warrior Folder, then select Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab, then click on Edit button.
3. Put a check mark on the box Allow Full Control for Authenticated Users, and Users(PC Name\Users).

Quote from: martinfoss on November 05, 2010, 10:15:50 AM
G'Day,

I just got a new beut' Warrior system.  We've upgraded the computer to Win7 Ultimate software.

I have a Printrex 843 printer connected directly to the main Warrior Interface Panel. 
I can print with Windows XP to this printer via the Warrior Interface Panel.

I get an 'Access is Denied' from Win7 when I try to print a log from Warrior.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to set up the permissions, so this I can print directly from Warrior?

I've seen this same problem addressed on the WWW, but nothing specifically to Warrior.

Thank-you for your consideration and response on this matter.

Regards,

Martin Foss

martinfoss

G'Day,

I tried what you said.  It still didn't work.  I got a zipped Port32.dll file from a Warrior Salesman today.  It worked a treat.  Now, I can PRINT...yea! ;)

Regards,

Martin Foss