News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Unknown Device - unable to find a valid device for your software key

Started by cmarini, March 17, 2010, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmarini

I just installed the latest version of Warrior with Windows 7 32 bit, I am getting an error that says unable to find a valid device for your software key.

I do have an unknown device in Device Manager which I think is my problem.

We have an OPAF panel, and my USB devices are as follows:
Generic USB Hub
Generic USB Hub
Safenet Inc Hardlock Key
Safenet Inc USB Key
Scientific Data Systems  LOG-FX DSP device
Scientific Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard Open HCD USB Host Controller
Unknown Device
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I tried loading drivers manually from C:\Warrior\Drivers but I have no idea which device it should be???

Thanks,

Chris

kmilch

What is the exact message you are getting?  It looks like your hardlock key is showing up in the right place.  From device manager, right click on the Unknown Device and go to the Details tab and see what the USB\VID identifier is - there should be something in there like USB\VID_abcd&PID_zyxw\xxxxx.  From that VID\PID value we should be able to tell what that device is.  If you think the hardlock driver has a problem, there is an updated driver for the hardlock key at Aladdin's web page : http://www.aladdin.com/support/hardlock/index.aspx -> Runtime and Drivers Setup.  Download and execute that install with your device unplugged, then plug back in and see if your hardlock starts working.

cmarini

The unknown device is resolved... it came up as:

Scientific Data Systems CyStdFX1 device

But I still get the error message:

Unable to find a valid access code for your Software Key. Please enter one through the Warrior Control Panel and try again.

When I go into Control Panel and choose See Codes
my code matches the U5111 Panel that I am hooked up to???

kmilch

From Warrior Control Panel do you see 'Key Authorization Code #U5111' above the 'See Codes' button?
Email or call the office to verify your key code is correct.