News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Magnetic mark and tension signals for STIP panel.

Started by zibi, March 08, 2009, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zibi

Hello,
I'd like to forward to my panel signals from mag. mark detector and from load cell (tension), but - for tension I don't know what range of signal is acceptable by panel (additionally I have from my load cell outgoing signals: signal+, signal-, and gnd, while on the input of my panel only signal and gnd.). For magnetic mark - is there possibility to connect to the OPAE panel this signal at all or not?. If so please give me an advice to which connector should I connect this signal, and again what magnitude and shape it should has?
Thanks for help.

Jerry

The tension input on the panel is wired for a 4-20 ma tension transducer. If your tension transducer is a voltage output then the USB44 board would need to be modified.
Open hole panels with SP boards can be set up to record magnetic marks. Warrior does not do any depth correction with marks at the present time.

zibi

Jerry, could you write some more about magnetic mark. Even though panel don't do any corrections, i could use marks to make depth corrections between different runs in the same well.
Thanks.

Jerry

Open hole panels vary from Company to Company. What company are you with? Contact me through the regular e-mail at jearly@warriorsystem.com