News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Setting TOPSHOT as depth sensor

Started by crxmaniac, July 08, 2019, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crxmaniac

I am adding TopShot in tooldiagram for perforations services. by adding sensor in service as TOPSHOT=AUX,,4

The sensor output will have a zero value.
I want the sensor output to give TOPSHOT depth.

Any ideas?

regards

rwar

Are you trying to display the actual measured depth of the top shot on the tool diagram? I don't believe that can be done with the current software.

If you are wanting to show the top shot relative to the tool zero point, you would need to have some tool module use the sensor you added. You might create a zero-length user defined tool for your sensor and carefully add it to the string in the right place.

I believe he means that "Topshot" has been added as a "perf tool sensor (usr software)" to illustrate the CCL-Topshot offset in the tool diagram. Now he wants to assign a depth to this sensor by adding a different software so that that Topshot depth can easily be read out from the monitor sensors window. Is this possible?