News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Dongles working one day and the next day won't

Started by cometabart, April 26, 2016, 01:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cometabart

I'm using Warrior 8.02 on 2 laptops and 8.03 on 2 different ones. My 2 dongles are connected inside 2 STIPs.

One day while opening acquisition I'm able to work and power up tools with no problems (no matter what laptop/STIP I'm using). The next day, acquisition won't open: a message saying "Unable to find a valid access code for your Software Key..." will appear.

Sometimes I just have to wait for several hours with the laptop ON, try again and acquisition will open just like magic. Sometimes I have to wait one day.

This is happening on my Dongles U9438 & U9439 (P10V0000 License). I know the license is not compatible with the Warrior version (P10V1), so the question is: Why is it allowing me to open acquisition sometimes?

STIPs CP20132098 & CP20132097
Windows 7 64 bits
Warrior 8.03 & 8.02 32 bit

Jerry

My "Guess" is when they are working, you are running under sticky permissions. When you are on Warrior 8 connected to a valid acquisition key for a period of time, if you then disconnect you can still do most functions without being connected to any key.