News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

: SDS PANEL DISPLAYING HIGH NEGATIVE VOLTAGE AND HIGH NEGATIVE CURRENT

Started by eddy4pals, May 07, 2015, 09:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddy4pals

We noticed a sudden negative voltage and current in the front panel display Voltage meter and Current meter respectively.

Without turning the variac, with the system not in use (not powering a tool), the panel displays suddenly started counting downwards and settled at Current: -711 and Voltage: -520 respectively.

And in attempt to connect the chip set with my lap top when powered on, it displays "usb not recognized" and if going furhter, the next display is "unable to find a software access key"
When plug in the USB, i usually receive a cricket sound from the back of the panel. But the fan in front and back are working normal.

I tried checking the line out at the back of my panel with my multimeter to see if the negative voltage(-520V) i have on the display could also be found on the line out, but there was no voltage found.

We have not attempted to run any tools or perform a service with the system after discovering this.

Please what could be happening and how do we resolve it?

Details of the Cased Hole Interface Panel are:

Serial Number: CP20101362

Panel Type: CPFD

Software: Cased

Key Number: U7222

Please i need someone to help me out.

Jerry

I suspect that you have a bad board in the panel that is loading down the +15 volt power supply. Try removing boards until you find which is causing the problem. Remove the PSXD last since it is what drives the voltage and current meters.