News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Recording Clock Time

Started by mattparker, January 08, 2015, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattparker

I'm looking for a way to add clock time to a service.  IE...depth, clock time, tension, elapsed time....

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

kmilch

For local time, add a LOCTIM sensor to your service:

LOCTIM=BASE,ELTIM

For UTC time, add a UTCTIM sensor to your service:

UTCTIM=BASE,ELTIM

New outputs will be generated with the same name and will only plot as Tabular.
The actual value recorded will be time in seconds since 1/1/1970.

mattparker

Thanks for the help.

when I add the sensor LOCTIM=BASE,ELTIM to the service a "sensor syntax error" is thrown when launching the service.

And when you say the actual value recorded will be in seconds since 1-1-1970, I wont output an .las with HH:MM:SS but rather an accumulation of seconds totaling in the billions?

kmilch

Use whatever device you have mapped to your ELTIM instead of BASE.

LAS will display time like this: "17 Nov 2014 10:46:35"

mattparker

Ok, mostly good.  The tabular listing on the log displays the time as HH:mm:ss, but in the las shows the seconds elapsed since 1-1-1970.  Is there any way to easily fix this short of running the .las through excell and correcting this?

Thanks
Matt

mattparker

Following some more google research on my own, it appears this time format is known as Epoch time.  I've found a utility that will convert these to "human" time.  Should I need to proceed down this route or is there an easier way to have Warrior output in Human time?

mattparker

kmilch

Warrior LAS export should be writing out LOCTIM and UTCTIM with the format    dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss.  If you are still using Warrior 7, try using ExportEx.exe from your warrior\bin folder.