News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

"unable to open warrior server"

Started by tschmidt, September 25, 2008, 09:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tschmidt

I am attempting to install Warrior software onto a laptop, running a 32 bit Vista Ultimate OS.  The install goes OK, until the computer restarts to finish installation.  I get a fatal error that says it is "unable to open the warrior server" which is caused because the Warconv.exe attempts to run at the restart.  The same thing happens whenever I attempt to open any of the Warrior applications.  Any ideas?

nvv

Uninstall Warrior Software on your laptop. You may have used the older version of Warrior Software.
Go to our website, download the latest Warrior Software.
Click here to access the download page!

kmilch

The Warrior installation writes some information into the registry to start the Warrior server service.  Make sure you have administrator privileges before you install Warrior.

tschmidt

Uninstalled Warrior software.  Restarted and downloaded software package (CH 071220).  Reinstalled software and restarted with same result (unable to open warrior server).  I am the administrator on this computer.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.

kmilch

It still appears that you are missing the registry information needed to fully install Warrior.  Did you try turning off the User Account Control?  From Windows Control Panel -> System -> Security Center -> Other Security Settings -> User Account Control.

tschmidt

tschmidt

Removed user account control and reinstalled software.  Same result.  I can tell it didn't work, right away when the notebook is still loading the OS, as the WarCon.exe trys to execute and I get the "tin can" sound right away.  I didn't do this using the Administrator account.  I will give that a whirl, as well.

nvv

WarCon.exe is a Warrior conversion utility, it could not be run by itsself. It had to be run by the user by double-click on it. Are you 100% sure the laptop has Vista 32 bit installed? I have a client reported this error message"Unable to open Warrior Server.", It turned out he has Windows Vista 64 bit installed on his laptop. To check Windows Vista version: Click on the Start button -->Settings-->Control Panel-->System and Mentainance-->System. Under the System section it will display the System Type:

If you still could not setup Warrior to run on the laptop, please send it to us, we will take a look at it.

Ni Vo

tschmidt

It is a 32 bit Vista OS.  I checked that a while back, when I last talked to David Wadsworth.  64 bit will not install onto a processor that is unable to handle it, anyway.  I have tried that, as well, on a different computer.  I can't send the notebook in, as I need it here, day to day.  Thanks for the offer, though.

kmilch

Do you get any error message when installing Warrior?  Are you running any antivirus software?

tschmidt

Don't get any error messages during install.  I uninstalled One Care and re installed Warrior.  Same result.  I guess the OS on this machine just doesn't like Warrior software.

Davidw

At this time I cannot tell what is going on.  Please give me a call at 281-380-6521

Thanks David Wadsworth

mwoods

David, did you ever find a resolution to the fatal Warrior server error?  I am having this same problem and cannot get it resolved.  I am running XP Pro and have uninstalled and reinstalled Warrior serveral times under the administrator account.  I am using an older version (2007.5.1.1), which has installed with no problems on a similar laptop within the last year or so.

kmilch

Problem went away when he installed latest version of Warrior.