News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Zonable Scale Changes in IMGMAP

Started by Argonautum, November 05, 2012, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmilch

If you are going through different casing sizes, then just change the casing ID and OD values at the required depths and the image will reflect the changes.

Argonautum

I want to show casing wear on the final presentation. Am I going to have to do merges??

Argonautum

What data is IMGMAP using to build it's VDL? We are using a 40 Arm Caliper. Is it specifically the arms data and/or Internal Diameter data? What is a good range for values? 1-180 seems plausible but I would think 1-360 however 1-202 is the max value range. More thoughts?

kmilch

IMGMAP is an interpolation of all the radii.  If you have a 40 arm caliper, then it creates a 200 point array to make a smooth presentation.  the 201st data point is just a duplication of the 1st data point, so that is why your data range is 1-201. 

Argonautum

What data do I need in a Multi-Arm Caliper plot from the LAS file to run Multiarm.exe correctly? Our mnemonic is R as in R01...R40?

kmilch

The help file from Multiarm should take you through the steps to generate the VDL image from multiarm.  But if you are logging the tool yourself, then the image is already in the dataset as IMGMAP.