News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

cystd device has lost communication

Started by renemedrano842, February 13, 2010, 08:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renemedrano842

Hi i am having this problem on a daily basis. Some days it will happen as soon as the software opens other times it will happen thousands of feet into the hole.  Sometimes happening several times a job.  So far we have tried different usb ports on six different ports and also the two different ports on the interface panel.  We have also replaced the usb cord.  As soon as warrior is closed out and the panel power cycled the system begins to communicate again but sometimes for seconds or sometimes for the rest of the job.  Thanks for any info.

Jerry

It sounds like either a bad USB cable or a power supply problem. What type of panel is it?

renemedrano842

it is a cpfb type panel.  I reinstalled the sdsusb.exe driver and it cleared up for a while.  Also before i installed this driver when reconnecting the panel to a different port the panel would only download two drivers instead of three.  After the re-installation of the driver the panel would download four drivers and the panel would stay connected.  a few days later however the depth counter would begin to count out of the hole when the line was not moving, the compprobe depth counter on the dash was not moving either.  I switched out panels and the computer lost communication after one trip in the hole but not again.  I am running the 071220 software and until now have not had any problems with it.  I was advised to re-install the software but i cannot find a download for it and cannot find the original software install on the hard drive.  Thanks in advance for any and all info.

nvv

Quote from: renemedrano842 on February 20, 2010, 09:01:36 AM
it is a cpfb type panel.  I reinstalled the sdsusb.exe driver and it cleared up for a while.  Also before i installed this driver when reconnecting the panel to a different port the panel would only download two drivers instead of three.  After the re-installation of the driver the panel would download four drivers and the panel would stay connected.  a few days later however the depth counter would begin to count out of the hole when the line was not moving, the compprobe depth counter on the dash was not moving either.  I switched out panels and the computer lost communication after one trip in the hole but not again.  I am running the 071220 software and until now have not had any problems with it.  I was advised to re-install the software but i cannot find a download for it and cannot find the original software install on the hard drive.  Thanks in advance for any and all info.

You need to download and install a newer version of Warrior Cased Hole Software 090618 from our website.

renemedrano842

hi i found an 071220 reinstalled it and had some success with this however,  in the mornings when it is cold the system will still lose communication.  Will the newer software fix this

adamg

QuoteYou need to download and install a newer version of Warrior Cased Hole Software 090618 from our website.