News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Cannot install Warrior in a x64 environment

Started by CPlus, August 24, 2009, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPlus

Why can I not install Warrior on my x64 Windows OS??  I have MANY other programs that are 32-bit and ALL of them work fine in this environment.  Please explain.  Thank you.

kmilch

Our device drivers have not been ported to 64 bit.  If you have 32bit applications that don't use device drivers, then you may be able to run them on your 64bit machine.

CPlus

Thank you for your timely reply.

Aha!  That's makes perfect sense.  Thank you.  So now, what roll can I play in the porting of the device drivers to x64 if any?

CPlus

Ok, I've realized:     

*The only time we want to use Warrior in a x64 environment is during .db processing, NOT ACQUISITION.
and..
*Processing .db files in a 32bit environment does not require Warrior hardware present [except dongle].

So, it seems that the Warrior applications we wish to use in a x64 environment DO NOT USE DEVICE DRIVERS.

If we don't need x64 Warrior device drivers, are we any closer now to processing .db files in a x64 environment?

OzX

How soon will you be able to install Warrior 7.0 on a 64 bit XP Professional OS?

OzX

Quote from: CPlus on October 02, 2009, 03:19:32 PM
Now.

Hey that's great to know. But none of these downloads say they are compatible as you say:

NEW! Warrior Cased Hole software version 090618 (Posted on 7-1-2009. File size = 68.6 MB. This version is for Windows 2000,XP and Vista 32 Bit Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory Cased 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.) Click here to view the release notes

NEW! Warrior Open Hole software version 090629 ( Posted on 7-1-2009.File size = 69.7 MB. This version is for Windows 2000, XP and Vista 32 Bit Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory Open-Cased 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.)

NEW! Warrior Pulse Only software version 090618 ( Posted on 7-1-2009. File size = 64.3 MB. This version is for Windows 2000, XP and Vista Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory PIP 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.)

What downloads are ?

OzX

Quote from: OzX on November 10, 2009, 12:28:39 PM
Quote from: CPlus on October 02, 2009, 03:19:32 PM
Now.

Hey that's great to know. But none of these downloads say they are compatible as you say:

NEW! Warrior Cased Hole software version 090618 (Posted on 7-1-2009. File size = 68.6 MB. This version is for Windows 2000,XP and Vista 32 Bit Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory Cased 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.) Click here to view the release notes

NEW! Warrior Open Hole software version 090629 ( Posted on 7-1-2009.File size = 69.7 MB. This version is for Windows 2000, XP and Vista 32 Bit Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory Open-Cased 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.)

NEW! Warrior Pulse Only software version 090618 ( Posted on 7-1-2009. File size = 64.3 MB. This version is for Windows 2000, XP and Vista Not compatible with Vista 64 Bit Version. Download and extract to local C: drive. The directory PIP 090618 will be created on your hard drive. Run setup.exe from the CD folder. This download does not contain the printer drivers or software explanations, download Companion CD for those files. Contact SDS for further assistance.)

What downloads are ?

Was hoping to get an answer

CPlus

OzX, I'm sorry I read your question as if it was from kmilch asking when I would be ready to install..  I was replying that I was ready to try and install anytime.  Sorry for the miscommunication.

Also, I would STILL love to see a package that will install on x64.  I don't need drivers or to interface with any warrior hardware from x64 environment, only the processing apps need to install.  Win7 x64 runs every other 32bit app that I need so I hope we will see a proper release someday. 

Thank you,

Santiago

CPlus

So I hear a 64 bit compatible release is rolling out in the next few weeks.  I'm very excited; welcome to the x64 party! ;D  This will iron out a lot of wrinkles for me.    :D