News:

Welcome to Scientific Data Systems Support Forum!
You are welcome to browse the forum. However, you will need to register in order post or reply topics in this forum. Registration is free and only take 1 minute to complete the registration process.

Main Menu

Using a laptop as a backup computer for Warrior Logging Systems

Started by Tony Gracia, September 02, 2008, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Gracia

I have a spare laptop, I want to use this as a backup system for my 2U Rack-Mounted computer. How do I configure the laptop to have the same software and services like my rack-mounted computer?

nivanvo

Tony,
Follow these steps to use your laptop as a backup computer.

1.Go to any computer stores like Best Buy, Office Depot buy a USB Flash Drive. 1GB or bigger.
2.Plug the USB Flash drive into the 2U rack-mounted computer. Open Warrior Utilities-->Configuration Backup/Restore.
3.Click Configuration Backup Tab, then click browse and point the backup to your USB Flash drive, and finally click Begin.
4.Download the latest Warrior Release software from SDS download area. Install Warrior software on your laptop computer. Open Warrior Utilities -->Configuration Backup/Restore.
Click on Configuration Restore Tab, click browse and point the file on your USB flash drive that you backup earlier in step 3. Click Begin button to restore the configuration files.
5.Turn off your 2U Rack-Mounted computer and the tool interface, plug the USB cable from the laptop to the Front USB Connector of the tool interface panel.
6.Turn on the tool interface, you will be prompted for driver installation, just follow the instruction on the of driver installation wizard. Reboot your laptop computer, and it will be ready to use as a spare backup computer.

Davidw

You may want to go to our WEB site at http://www.warriorsystem.com/downloads/downloads.htm and download Setup new computer to run Warrior .Software Guide (file